389 Directory Server 18.104.22.168
The 389 Directory Server team is proud to announce 389-ds-base version 22.214.171.124.
Fedora packages are available from the Fedora 20 Testing and Rawhide repositories.
The new packages and versions are:
A source tarball is available for download at Download Source
Highlights in 126.96.36.199
- Enhancement: ACL supports new keyword SELFDN as in “ = \#SELFDN” to allow users to create entries assigned to themselves. Also handling subtype in ACL is improved.
- A dozen of bugs are fixed including a crash bug and a deadlock.
Installation and Upgrade
See Download for information about setting up your yum repositories.
To install, use yum install 389-ds yum install 389-ds After install completes, run setup-ds-admin.pl to set up your directory server. setup-ds-admin.pl
To upgrade, use yum upgrade yum upgrade After upgrade completes, run setup-ds-admin.pl -u to update your directory server/admin server/console information. setup-ds-admin.pl -u
See Install_Guide for more information about the initial installation, setup, and upgrade
See Source for information about source tarballs and SCM (git) access.
We are very interested in your feedback!
Please provide feedback and comments to the 389-users mailing list: https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/389-users.lists.fedoraproject.org
If you find a bug, or would like to see a new feature, file it in our Trac instance: https://fedorahosted.org/389
Detailed Changelog since 188.8.131.52
- Ticket 342 - better error message when cache overflows
- Ticket 408 - Fix crash when disabling/enabling the setting
- Ticket 443 - Deleting attribute present in nsslapd-allowed-to-delete-attrs returns Operations error
- Ticket 471 - logconv.pl tool removes the access logs contents if “-M” is not correctly used
- Ticket 47374 - flush.pl is not included in perl5
- Ticket 47516 - replication stops with excessive clock skew
- Ticket 47571 - targetattr ACIs ignore subtype
- Ticket 47620 - Unable to delete protocol timeout attribute
- Ticket 47629 - random crashes related to sync repl
- Ticket 47638 - Overflow in nsslapd-disk-monitoring-threshold on 32bit platform
- Ticket 47641 - 7-bit check plugin not checking MODRDN operation
- Ticket 47649 - Server hangs in cos_cache when adding a user entry
- Ticket 47653 - Need a way to allow users to create entries assigned to themselves.
- Ticket 47660 - config_set_allowed_to_delete_attrs: Valgrind reports Invalid read
Last modified on 14 December 2015